We’re looking for a self-motivated senior engineer to help bring our next games to life. Crate best known for our ARPG “Grim Dawn,” which has sold over 2.5m copies on PC, over 5m including DLC. Our studio is completely financially and creatively independent, without reliance on publishers or investors. Candidates must be strongly self-motivated and have a breadth of knowledge that will allow them to take on different technical challenges that arise on a small team. You must also have enough gaming experience to fill in the blanks, when needed, to create first-pass implementations of gameplay features and mechanics without always requiring explicit specifications.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Our studio operates remotely but ideally applicants would be living in or willing to relocate to MA, NH, or CA (due to payroll and tax logistics). Crate can assist with relocation costs.
- Work with designers and artists to implement and iterate on game systems, features and tools.
- Communicate with team members to help determine the best solutions for challenging aspects of development.
- Self-motivated and willing to participate in various areas of development as needed.
- Write clean, performant, easily maintainable code.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- At least one credit in senior position on a released PC or Console game.
- Advanced knowledge of C++.
- Self-directed, with an ability and initiative to assess your own work and continue to improve it and bring it up to an exceptional level of quality and functionality.
- Solid analytical and math skills.
- Experience architecting and implementing game systems, pathfinding, animation, networking and work on client/server architectures.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and potentially handle working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Love for RPG and Strategy games.
- Experienced RTS player.
- Previous engineering leadership experience.
- Familiarity with rendering techniques, rendering APIs, multi-threading and hardware.
Applicants should email a resume and cover letter, including a brief summary of your favorite games and what you’re currently playing to: [email protected]