Senior 3D Artist
Crate Entertainment, the creators of Grim Dawn, are looking for a versatile 3D Artist. You don’t need to be a master of everything but, as a member of a small team, you should be willing and able to work in at least a couple different areas, be it environmental, props, UI, characters, etc.
We are a smaller indie developer but we are well funded thanks to the success of Grim Dawn, which has sold 3m copies and over 3m units of DLC. Because we are not reliant upon publishers or investors for funding, we can offer greater job security and a lower stress work environment than most larger developers. We are not beholden to milestone deliverables, own all of the IP we create and believe that as long as we’re working efficiently, the game will be done in however long it takes for us to feel satisfied that it’s ready. By working in smaller teams, we are able to develop big games on a smaller budget and at a slower pace that allows time to add more detail and nuance than often exists in many bigger budget titles.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Our studio operates remotely but candidates must be based in the US.
- Contribute to the creation of 3D art assets on various projects.
- Work with designers to define needed art assets and build them to meet the desired visual and functional goals.
- Create assets in accordance with the defined style and performance specifications of the project.
- Learn the latest tools and technology. Self-critique and ability to seek out and receive feedback for continued self-improvement.
- 3+ years industry experience with at least one credit on a released PC / Console game.
- Excellent 3D modelling and texturing skills with both organics and hard-surface
- Highly proficient with 3D Studio Max and / or Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop.
- Ability to produce clean, crisp, highly readable textures.
- Team player, ready to take on any task.
- Self-driven, able to take critique and a team-player.
- Love for RPG and Strategy games.
- The ability to rig, animate and implement character animations is a big plus.
- Ability to sketch / create 2D concepts a plus.
- Experience creating effects
- Enjoy working in a semi-realistic, detailed art style as seen in our existing games.
Applicants should email a resume and cover letter, including a brief summary of your favorite games and what you’re currently playing to: [email protected]