Crate Entertainment, the creators of Grim Dawn, are looking for a versitile 3D Artist. Candidates must be ready to tackle any job, ranging from trees and rocks to defiled altars, to monstrous beasts. Working on a small team, you’ll be responsible for taking assets from concept to completion.
We currently have multiple projects in the works using both commercial and proprietary engines. Crate is a small but financially independent studio with no need for publishers or investors. We have no fixed release dates, no meetings and no one on the team who isn’t involved in actually building games. Our culture is casual and no-BS but we also pride ourselves in efficiency and working hard. Crate has no physical office and has always operated on a remote, work-from-home model.
- Contribute to the creation of 3D art assets on various projects. We do not have specific character or environment roles, so you must be willing to work on either or both as needed.
- Work with designers to define needed art assets and build them to meet the desired visual and functional goals.
- Create assets in accordance with the defined style and performance specifications of the project.
- Learn the latest tools and technology. Self-critique and ability to seek out and receive feedback for continued self-improvement.
- 2+ years industry experience.
- At least one credit on a released PC / Console game.
- Proficient with 3D Studio Max.
- Must be able to take direction and accept that some assets you create may later require further iteration by other team members.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and potentially handle working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be living in or willing to relocate to MA, NH, CA, or FL (due to payroll and tax logistics). Crate can assist with relocation costs.
- Love for RPG and Strategy games.
- The ability to rig, animate and implement character animations is a big plus.
- Ability to sketch / create 2D concepts a plus.
- Experience creating effects
- Enjoy working in a semi-realistic, detailed art style as seen in our existing games.
Applicants should email a resume and cover letter, including a brief summary of your favorite games and what you’re currently playing to: [email protected]